Sunday 28 July 2019

Son aged 9 distressed about his Dad leaving and then ignoring his family


I am a 41 year old single mother of three sons, aged 9, 5 and 5. We have had a hard few of months.The quick version is that their father had an affair, and abandoned us physically, emotionally and financially. We've had to move and suffered a lot of heartache and hardship.Yesterday my eldest child spent hours crying about everything that has happened and questioning why his Dad didn't love him enough to want to see or talk to him. He has had it the hardest, his Dad has actually ognored him in the street. I answer all questions as well as I can, and each of the boys attends counselling but it just doesn't seem to be getting any easier for him.I know it's been a big transition and that he's feeling insecure, but apart from letting him talk when he needs to and being as open and honest as possible (obviously within reason, I don't want to speak badly of their father to them, and I'm always age appropriate) is there anything else I could be doing to help my children? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2MnUJlR

No comments:

Post a Comment