Monday 29 July 2019

Advice on how to address childcare concerns


LO Is 8months old and attending childcare once a week for the past 3-4months.I dropped LO Off at childcare first thing this morning on my way to work and she was in a great mood (as per usual). Then I got a phone call this afternoon at around 1:30pm from the room leader to tell me that LO was extremely unsettled. This is odd as she is an extremely happy baby and very rarely cries unless she’s very hungry/extremely tired/frustrated. I suggested they try to give her some mild pain relief meds as she is currently teething if they think there is nothing else physically wrong with her. I called back not long after 2pm to check on her and they told me that she had settled so no need to worry. Great news! (Or so I thought).Once I arrived later in the afternoon to pick LO up, the room leader was preparing a bottle for LO. She ask if I wanted to feed LO the bottle before I left so I agreed. As soon as I grabbed the bottle I noticed it felt very hot. I poured some on my wrist and it almost burnt. I was furious! I just gave the bottle straight back to her and said “no, that is way too hot”.I began to pack the bags and was told that they didn’t give her any meds but she did calm down for the rest of the afternoon. I thought that was a bit odd, as I specifically directed them to give her pain meds if they thought she was in pain.It wasn’t until I checked the communication book today after I got home that I saw that LO only had half a bottle at 9:20am then less than half of one at 2:00pm. No wonder she was so grumpy when they called. Poor thing was starving! Which explains why when I called back after 2pm, “she had settled”. So they either forgot to feed her between 9:00-2:00. Or they did and she refused. But if they were trying to give her a bottle that damn hot, no wonder why she would have refused it!!I plan to talk to the director tomorrow about this, however I need advise on exactly what to say as I am a very non-confrontational person. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2ZeiQqy

No comments:

Post a Comment