Sunday 28 July 2019

Public Park Bathing Suit Freakout


Typing this up because it just happened and I feel bad for this fellow father. I showed up to the park with my fiancĂ© and my two young children. We hadn’t even put our stuff down before this mother who was there with her daughter, asked two men sitting at a bench, “are these two little girls with you? Who’s watching them,” in an agitated tone.The men responded that the two girls are not their kids to which the lady replied, “well who the fuck is watching these girls, they’re walking around in panties, who the fuck is watching them.” The girls had on bathing suit bottoms and both were wearing a shirt and hats...Their father, who was sitting on a bench further away said, “they’re in bathing suits lady, relax.” His daughters were starting to get freaked out by this lady’s tirade and I was getting mad because she was now yelling and swearing in front of my kids. “These girls are in fucking panties, you got little boys and men at this park and you have your daughters in fucking panties.”The dad gathered his two girls up and began to leave. The woman, still yelling got her daughter and started leaving in a separate direction. I defended the father telling the lady to her face that it’s fine and you need to chill with a raised voice but I wasn’t going to yell over this woman in front of my kids and that’s a bad look in public.All in all, I’ve never seen a “parenting” freakout like this and I feel really bad for that dad and his two girls who had to leave the park after being shamed by this random angry woman.Edit: the lady also threatened to call the cops on the father multiple times... which would be a waste of an officers timeEdit 2: this park has sprinklers and a pool next to the playground via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2MnUhE2

No comments:

Post a Comment