Tuesday 30 July 2019

Am I a horrible person?


This is going to be a long one...I posted previously about my son (who is now almost 6 and a half) and his overly affectionate and sometimes perverted behavior.Things have gotten somewhat better on that front, with the occasional complaint from his school about an incident maybe once or twice a month (not nearly as bad as daily or several times a week).It's summer now, and we've had a long and tiring "vacation".I'm a 29 year old single mom that moved back into my parent's house in my home country after my ex husband and I split up.I suffer from depression and anxiety, and have passive suicidal thoughts almost daily.I haven't "worked" outside of the home since my son was born, and when I moved home, I applied for assistance to help my son and myself along while I go to school.I appreciate the government assistance, but I feel badly about taking it when I am physically able to work, so I plan on looking for a job soon and continue schooling full time in September...But I already know I can't handle being a full time single parent while working and going to school.My son is hard to handle and deliberately disobeys me all the time, yet he is an absolute angel for his dad.His father lives a 14 hour drive away, and I have thought for months about sending him to live there...His father makes enough money to easily support the two of them, and I don't want to "abandon" my child, but I honestly feel as if I'm not cut out for parenthood...I don't know if he would be happier with him or not, or if his dad would even be willing to put in the effort to give him a stimulating life (aside from video games).When he's not working, ALL he does is play video games.It was always a fight to get him to go anywhere or do anything with us, whether it was going to the park, library, out for a walk, literally anything that wasn't on his PC.I'm afraid he will just throw him in front of the TV/computer or put a phone in his hand, just to be able to continue his antisocial lifestyle.My son has a few friends from school that we go on playdates with at the park, on a somewhat regular basis, and I don't know if his father would even bother with socializing with any parents and their children that our son may to see outside of school if he were to live there...Is it so wrong for the mother to be the one to leave?Am I a horrible person for wanting to send him away so I can finish school and follow my dreams? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2KebVHM

No comments:

Post a Comment