Wednesday 31 July 2019

Husband yelling at 5 month old? Dont know how to talk to him.


My Husband other and I have a 5 month old daughter. Most of the time I am the primary care giver. I work shorter overnight shifts, every night, now that she sleeps through the night, so the most he has to do is really give her a pacifier, MAYBE change a diaper.He doesnt have to even feed her, I feed her before I leave for work as part of my routine, has she sleeps for about 7 hours, waking up about a half hour after I get home. So nothing to do there.Aside from mondays. Mondays are one of his three days off, and is a day I have set aside for running household errands, laundry, meal prep, ect. ( my days are scheduled down to the 15 minute mark. It should be noted I also am finishing my degree online, so I really have no spare time )Monday, I ended up haveing a killer migraine so I cut the out of the house errands short so after the absolute nessecities.And I come home to my husband SCREAMING at our daughter. I had put her down for a nap about an hour and a half prior, and he decided to take one to sence usually shes a pretty good napper. Well, he waited to long doing something on his computer and was only asleep for what I guess walls maybe 20 minutes before she woke up.Instead of cutting his nap short and waiting for HER next nap or just waiting for me to get home ( which maybe would have only been another hour or so if I hadent cut errands short, he didnt bother to ask ) he just kept trying to nap, and giveing her a pacifier whenever she would cry.Well, she was done with her nap so it didnt work, and she continued to cry.By the time I get home he is shaking in rage. She is clearly terrorfied and takeing big shameing hiccupy breaths, and she has clearly been like with tears crying ( she doesnt do that very often )I told her I would take her downstairs so he can get a nap and everyone can calm down. He slams the door behind me and goes to sleep.I have NO idea how to talk to him about what happened. It took nearly a half an hour of cuddles and lullabies in a rocking chair to get her calm and give me a smile. I want to make it clear she wasnt even crying at this point. She was trembeling and silent.I need to make sure this isnt a regular thing when I am not around. I've never seen anything like this between them before, but I also am the one who does 99% of any of the baby care.He gets so defensive when anyone questions his parenting, he has a rough time with feedings because she wants to be in breast-feeding position so she tries to turn her head when he is holding the bottle, and it really irritates him. I thought it was an endearing moment but when chuckled at his struggles ( because i go through the same thing when i use the bottle ) he got really miffed.I dont even know how to bring it up. With his defensiveness it can be difficult, because I dont want him to go into the conversation already upset, but I NEED to make sure this isnt a regular thing. Seeing her that upset, silent and shaking, deeply disturbed me and I dont even for sure know wtf happened.I have up untill this point never had anything but utter faith and trust in him and I hate that I feel this unease. Maybe it's because I came home early to something completely unexpected, or because I've never seen such agression from him.Does anyone have any advise? I am particularly looking for insight from fathers here. I do not have any male family or friends to really ask for advice. How do I bring it up and talk to him, how do I start the conversation? Do I even bring it up at all? I dont know how to quell my worries without doing so but I feel like it's a discussion that needs to be mad, but maybe I am wrong. Any insight would be helpfull. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2GCrnMU

No comments:

Post a Comment