Sunday 28 July 2019

Is one enough? Parents of only children come in!


DD just turned 3. For some reason, the panic has now set in and i'm realizing it's time to "s*** or get off the pot" or whatever that phrase is.But the thing is: most of the time I don't really want another child. Sometimes I think it could be nice, and Dd loves babies and always asks to hold my niece and nephew or held feed them. It's very cute. She loves her baby dolls and enjoys pretending to take them food shopping in her pretend shopping cart. When she does cute things like this, dh will make comments about how cute it is and how she would be a great big sister. He would like another child, but is not in a rush and understands if I truly feel unsure he would be fine with just DD.I worry a little because i struggled a bit to get pregnant. Had 1 early loss and 2 ectopics. I also had a pretty painful labor and my epidural didn't work. So the idea of going through it all again really really makes me anxious. Plus the selfish part of me is really enjoying this newfound independence. I sleep great, I have a potty trained child that just uses a pull-up at night and rarely has an accident, I can go places without worrying about if she misses a nap, etc. I feel like I'm a great mom, she's a great kid, and we are a happy little family. Financially, we can live comfortably. She can go to private school if we only have her, and we can stay in our little house without needing to upgrade to something larger. We can help her with college (maybe pay for it all based on how we are currently saving in her 529), and allow her to be able to save her money for a home of her own rather than spend her money on student loans. I want her to have a nice start to her future that is not consumed by loans and debts like many of my friends had to deal with.But these are the negatives I think of:I would imagine that vacations can be super boring when you don't have a sibling to play withWhen we get old, the burden falls on one child to take care of usIf god forbid something tragic happened to DD, we would not have any childrenI don't want Dd to be selfish and think all attention must be on her in school or otherwise, because she doesn't have to fight for it at homeI don't want DD to have trouble working in groups at school or in her future careerIf you have just one child, is it ok? what do you feel about the negatives I mentioned, and are there others? Please share your experiences :) via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2LKLNaH

No comments:

Post a Comment