Friday 26 July 2019

My son turned 2 today and I'm ALIVE!


I know, it's an odd way to put it. But during my pregnancy, I developed heart failure, it's called peripartum cardiomyopathy and it's not as rare as you'd think.I have had to fight to stay alive not only through this miserable condition but through doctors not believing me, my husband being in the military and filing through flight school to boot AND cross country moves. I'm a 27 year old with a pacemaker- defibrillator combo that has inappropriately shocked me taking more pills than my grandparents... but I'm here!I spent the whole day with my son BY MYSELF, carrying him and managing his toddlerisms and I'm so damn grateful. I could not care for even myself until recently and I'm loving that I can be his mom today. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2YqG3ot

No comments:

Post a Comment