Monday 29 July 2019

Soon to be two stay at home parents


Hey all!We’re expecting our second child in a few weeks. We’re lucky enough to have great employers and have saved well enough for us to both take the first three months off work together. (And then I’ll be taking the remainder of the leave myself after) And now I’m starting to get a bit nervous.I took the time off with our first and it was tough. But now I’m kinda in the swing of staying on top of household things, playgroup schedules, cooking, taking care of myself and all that good stuff. I don’t get a lot of help from my husband since he works a ton and has explained multiple times he just doesn’t care about that kind of thing. Even when I’m at work I know nothing gets done, but our son is happy so I never really minded. But now that he’s also going to be home full time I want to talk to him about splitting more of the chores.I would love some suggestions on how we can divide some things up. I have a planner personally and give myself like 3-5 main chores a day, have all the playgroup/play date/appointment times written out because I have the memory of a gold fish. I’ve told him he can look through it to see how I organize things if he’d like. Or we can write out a weekly to do this and tackle it together as we go. He just kinda brushes it off and doesn’t see it as important. I don’t want to end up feeling like his mother having to ask him to do things like laundry or dishes when the things are kinda right there in his face needing to get done. This has half turned into a little rant I guess. I just don’t think he realizes how much I do to make this household run/stay clean/be happy. But I’d love to hear how you divide things up/suggestions on how we can organize our tasks! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2OoLHYg

No comments:

Post a Comment