Saturday 27 July 2019

4 year old grieving father


A few weeks ago my boyfriend (father of my 4 year old daughter) suffered a severe asthma attack that has left him in a coma and on life support. It’s been going on 3 weeks now and his mother will not make the decision to take him off life support (that’s just a different story for a different post). Anyways I’ve explained to her that daddy can never come back home, the booboo in his brain is to bad for the drs to fix and he can’t wake up. And soon he’s going to have to live in the stars (that’s how I’ve always explained death to her.) She gets it, I think. We go to the hospital pretty frequently and she goes there and talks to him and holds his hand. The issue I’m having with her is at home she is acting out and throwing major fits. Something she has never done in the past. She’s just so angry and very jealous when it comes to me. I’m trying so hard to be patient with her and I explain to her that it’s okay to be sad and angry but it’s not okay to throw these huge tantrums. I’m going to look into grieving counseling. I just hope I am doing the right thing by her. It’s always been me, her and daddy. She’s also having issues with doing anything without me. For example my brother, his wife and their kids wanted to take her to Chuck E. Cheese and she loves going there. But she refused to go without me and I couldn’t because of work. I feel so sad for her because I want her to go have fun and be a 4 year old. Any advice? This is by far the hardest thing I have ever done in my life and I don’t want to fail my daughter. She’s just so young and innocent to have to go through this at such a young age. So sorry for the very long post..... via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2MkH6Uu

No comments:

Post a Comment