Sunday 27 May 2018

You know what's not okay? The amount of hate that people with one child receive.


My husband and I always wanted a huge family. We always used to day dream about it. But I have several chronic illnesses. And being pregnant with my daughter kicked my ass. The newborn days sent me into one of the worst flares I've ever had. She's six months now and I'm still struggling every day with it. I love her to death, but there's no denying that my condition is not compatible with multiple children. And I'm heartbroken over it.But that doesn't stop the constant barrage of hate, both online and in person. People saying its lazy, selfish, heartless, cruel, unfair to my daughter. People claiming we're making a mistake, how we need to have another soon to give her a life long friend. Nevermind the fact that we lost four pregnancies before her. Or that I am just not physically able to go through another pregnancy. Or that I don't want my children to spend their childhood taking care of their mother. I'm expected to have more children, even if it costs them in quality of life.And you know what? Even if I were perfectly healthy, if I decided I only wanted to have one child, I still shouldn't be receiving hate. I shouldn't be called names or be discredited as a mother. I am no less of a mother, woman, or human for having one child, three children, or eight. Motherhood is such a deeply personal journey that is not a one size fits all situation. I'm so tired of this bs mommy shaming culture that we have going on. Why can't we all agree that parenthood is a hell of a ride and leave it at that? There's too much to actually worry about in this crazy world. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2GU9czn

No comments:

Post a Comment