Wednesday 23 May 2018

How much money do you spend on your kids?


Hi. I’m a new dad. My wife and I have an almost 7 month old daughter. I don’t know if this sub is the best place for this. If it’s not, you can remove it and I’ll try like r/personalfinance or something.Before we had a kid, I had always been told that kids drain the bank account and cost a lot of money. Besides the initial cost of hospital bills, we don’t really spend a whole lot of money on our kid. There are the regular doctor visits, diapers, food, clothes, toys, and even increases electricity costs for my wife being home more. I can’t think of anything else. If I average that out, it’s somewhere between 100-150 a month.Is there something we are missing that we aren’t spending enough money for her on? Should I expect it to get worse? Is this average for other people?I know I shouldn’t be complaining about spending less money than I thought I would but I expected it to be more. Just want some other thoughts.EDIT: Thinks for all the responses. I think I get it now. Daycare is expensive. It makes me very glad that we don’t have to pay for it right now. Maybe in the future we will but for now, the wife stays home. Thanks everyone. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2x8rsWa

No comments:

Post a Comment