Wednesday 23 May 2018

Childcare debate for 12 month old


Hello,TL:DR – Trying to figure out childcare for our 12mo, 4 days out of the week. Wife only wants her mother taking care of her while I prefer both our mothers take 2 days a week.Background – 34M, 28F, 12mo DDI have a question that I wanted some clarity on helping resolve this issue for my wife and I regarding childcare for our 12 month old.We have a 12 month old daughter that my wife has been a primary caregiver for the last 12 months as she has been on maternity leave.My wife is planning on going back to work 4 days a week and we are trying to figure out childcare for our DD.Both our parents are more than willing to take care of our daughter while we are at work.The issue is that she prefers to only have her mother take care of our daughter while we both are at work. She feels more comfortable having only her mother take care of our daughter as her mother been around more often to help out during her maternity leave, which has made my daughter more comfortable around her mother than my mother (she also only calls her mother for help and not mine)I would prefer they both have 2 days a week so as our daughter gets time with both grandmothers and would have a consistent routine. This usually ends up in a heated debate and I wanted to find out if I am being unreasonable with wanting to have my mother involved in the childcare?Would consistency of just one caregiver be much more of a benefit to the child? They would be coming over to our house to take care of her. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2s6yGo0

No comments:

Post a Comment