Wednesday 30 May 2018

Night childcare worker demanding sleep changes?


I just moved for a new job. I get the dubious honour of shift work with 12 hour shifts. Day shifts are fine if hard on my 18 month old being away from me nearly all of the awake hours. I come home to a child glued to me, no breaks, no breathing room, nothing. We do what we can to make it through. It works okay for us.I will start working nights in a few weeks and my night/live in nanny refuses to get up with my kid at all, won’t follow my night routine, and demands my little person sleep through the night. My toddler wakes 1-3 times a night (for 5-10 minutes max) and usually falls asleep in my arms.The night nanny demands I sleep train my child to suit nanny’s needs for 3-6 night shifts a month. Everyone but the nanny loves current arrangement. Cannot change night nanny. Cannot get sleep training to work due to incredibly clever/stubborn toddler.Any successful sleep training recommendations? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2kyld4N

No comments:

Post a Comment