Saturday 26 May 2018

I had by far the coolest moment of my life with my son for his birthday yesterday. I’ve never cried happy tears like that before.


I posted here before about meeting my 10 year old for the first time. Since then, DNA confirms he is my son, I’ve found a place down in Texas, and I’ve got a new great job awaiting me.I’m finishing things up in Ohio before moving down to Texas. My son’s Birthday was yesterday and he begged me and his mother to let him come up to Ohio with me for a few days.And I’m actually not sure about how I handled this situation or if I did so correctly.So he’s very excited about having his dad in his life and we’ve seen each other a lot. It’s been expensive but I’d spend it all again. He started hinting at visiting me in Ohio for his birthday a few weeks ago. I felt conflicted because on one hand I’d love that but in the other I didn’t want to cause friction with his mother.She was obviously against it and so I told him that I’d take him to Ohio another time and that I’d be in Texas with him for his birthday. I figured that would please his mom and satisfy him. My friends keep preaching the word “diffuse” to me so that’s my approach.Still, he was insistent and he said to his mom “I’ve spent all my other birthdays with you and not dad, I don’t see why I can’t choose to spend one with him up where he’s from.” She then went ahead and said she was fine with it.I went to her when he wasn’t around and asked if she was sure and she said that he was right and she wanted him to be able to choose how he spent his birthday. What are your thoughts on how that went down?But as far as the coolest moment, yesterday we had to do 3 things. I took him flying which he’s been excited about since he learned I’m a pilot, he wanted to meet his family, and I took him to a motorcycle dealer to look around and I bought him a bunch of t shirts and hats and stuff like that. I also bought him some boots like the ones I frequently wear that he asked for.At the motorcycle dealer he wanted to hurry and put on one of the shirts and hats. I really didn’t get why he was in such a rush but fine go ahead and do what you want.My best friend was there with us and she was freaking out about how cute something was, I looked up at him and thought sure he’s a cute kid but what’s all this excitement about. I didn’t notice that the kid was now dressed exactly like me. I didn’t notice until she showed me a bunch of pictures she’s taken late last night.Definitely felt amazing to see those images. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2xfoPBV

No comments:

Post a Comment