Thursday 31 May 2018

Split with husband, moved cities and not letting MIL have son overnights due to mental instability. Am I wrong?


Long story short, left my husband due to mental/physical abuse. Anyway, his mother is a piece of work, she’s been diagnosed with Bipolar and doesn’t take her meds anymore because she’s “better now” (she’s really not). To the point where I’ve heard her fly off the handle at her boyfriend because he dares to disagree with her, or even react differently to a situation. And I mean, full-on rage, kick him out of the house. She even had his dog put down while he was out of province without his consent (I don’t know how she got the vet to agree to that, but there you go.)Because of things like this, I’ve refused to let her have my one year old son overnight because I feel it’s not a safe environment, especially when I’d be an hour away and she’s no longer speaking to my ex for a number of reasons, some not even remotely related to what happened between he and I. Im worried that she may freak out on my son because one year olds are taxing, and he’s currently in the midst of separation anxiety. Am I completely wrong and being ridiculous, or is this something that makes total sense? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2JioXFD

No comments:

Post a Comment