Friday 25 May 2018

How to wean my 1.5 year old when it's just me?!


Hello kind sirs and ladies!I'm still latching my 1.5 yo, he's taking enough dairy that I can wean him, and I need to for reasons I'd rather not get into. I've gotten him down to two feeds a day, naptime and bedtime. He doesn't latch all the way to sleep but he likes to nurse and snuggle till sleepy.I'm getting really frustrated because I pretty much don't have much milk left, just a trickle. But he insists on latching anyway and I just can't get him to stop.Here's what I've tried - Limiting his nursing time and increasing cuddles, he flips out and refuses to sleep for hours until he gets more boob. - Putting lemon on the nipple makes him wrinkle his nose and then latch anyway. Dude is determined! - Offering milk/water in cup/bottle instead - got smacked out of my hand over and overI see online that most people find it easiest to have someone else put them to sleep. But my husband works so much that it's impossible, and we do not live near family. So it's just me.Wise people, how else can I wean this guy when I'm by myself most of the time?? Preferably without meltdowns. But if I have to I guess I will. Please share your experiences! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2s7RXWX

No comments:

Post a Comment