Thursday 31 May 2018

Our life right now is insanely stressful. Bills, Bills, Bills, worry about the future, and our amazing son who is as good as we can hope.


To keep it short I'm not going to wallow on the stress of bills, but needless to say they are mostly medical right now. My wife had the health insurance and she switched jobs. Between the switch I had to get health insurance (which was horrible) through my work, costing me most of my paycheck for a month. There was a medical ER visit which cost almost 3k (and since it was on diff providors doesn't stay within our deductible for the new insurance, obviously, but still), then another required colonoscopy for my wife's crohn's, then her medication for Crohn's (3k and 1k, luckily those are going towards the deductible now).And to top that off we have CC debt that is partly our fault.I have a second job, though, and that is helping to pay that down, the goal is to get rid of the debt hopefully in the next 2-3 years so that we can start breathing again. But needless to say our life is very, very stressful. If anything happens between me and my wife where we couldn't work we would be royally fucked.And while all of this is happening our 2.5 YO son is so perfect and so wonderful, it breaks my heart that we have this looming cloud over us all the time while he (hopefully) is oblivious and happy. We should be really, really enjoying the time with him rather than worrying, but that's life I guess sometimes.I am trying not to let it show when around him, and really enjoy the moment.Not really looking for advice, just wanted to rant at how shitty life can be (even though we still have each other, and a place to stay, and decent jobs where we can at least enjoy our time with our son, it could be worse), and blow off some steam. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2J3WHDh

No comments:

Post a Comment