Wednesday 23 May 2018

Teaching Christian values


My husband and I are athiest and we have a 7 month old son. We were both raised in what you might call Christian households though neither of our families are very serious about religion.I want to teach my son (and future kids) about the Bible because I do respect it as a historical text and think that it teaches generally good moral values in an easy way. I do not believe in God or Jesus and I think the Bible stories are entirely allegorical. I also do not agree with everything in the Bible so I we would really only cover the parts that we agree with (for example I don't believe homosexuality is a sin).Is it okay to do this? I feel it's a bit of a Santa Claus situation where I would teach them about God and then later they find out it's not real (or possibly they would choose the believe that it is real). Also how do I explain the parts I am leaving out which my husband and I think are flat-out wrong? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2IFQZY8

No comments:

Post a Comment