Thursday 31 May 2018

5 yo cleaning/learning responsibility


Hate to be the strict disciplinary parent, but I have expectations for my kid to pick up their mess and do what they are told. My daughter is 5 and is a happy, sweet and mostly well behaved child. She likes to push her boundaries though,negotiate and question everything. She is the only child and she wants to get her way. I don’t blame her for this behavior, I think it’s intelligent. I just don’t know how to let her know that in my house she has to follow the rules. Today I yelled at her, put her on timeout and possibly tried explaining to her what was happening too aggressivly, because I noticed she covered her ears. It really petrified me. I really would hate to be the nagging mom 😞. Do you think she is too young to be expected to have to clean up, go practice writing and reading or do some other productive stuff I want her to do? I feel like I am harsh on her, but when I see other kids in 5 or 6 yo age range who are totally unsocialized Wild Wild West it scares me even more. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2IY8c3b

No comments:

Post a Comment