Sunday 27 May 2018

Verbal abuse or normal reactions


So, I’m not sure if this is the correct place, but whatever. To preface: we have 3 year old twins and 1 1/2 year old. She is a stay at home mom and I work full time.The issue: whenever I’m home, it appears that my wife has anger problems towards the kids and I don’t know what level of that is frustration from the end of the day or it’s not healthy verbal abuse/aggression. For instance, today after church everyone was crying and throwing fits, knocking stuff off the table, etc. and she started getting frustrated. I told her to go downstairs because I knew what was going to happen but as always she refused. The crying and such continues and, my son, who needs a bit of extra attention, is being the worst. She leans down and, while in his face, tells him that she’s so close to choking him and if he doesn’t stop crying, and just laughed. I got onto her because, in my opinion, you don’t tell a child you want to choke them.Believe me, this is not the first instance. A couple of months ago, my daughter threw and hit my wife in the face with a hairbrush and busted her lip. My wife got so angry that she was shaking, yelling and calling our then two year old daughter a little bitch and telling me that I need to get her out of her sight before she did something. I had to go lock the kids in the room with me because I was scared for them.Overall, she’s a good mom I think but she is so negative and gets frustrated super easy. She says things that aren’t appropriate to the kids, to me at least, and I just need outside opinions. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2sdaIIi

No comments:

Post a Comment