Saturday 26 May 2018

5 year old neighbors kid nasty behavior


Hi fellow parents, please advise. Not sure if I am over or under reacting to this so your opinion is welcome. My 5 year old only child(girl)is friends with a 5 year old girl from across the street (I’m friends with the parents as well). We socialized our kid from early age, as well as exposed her to many activities, sports etc. She is a kind, friendly, happy and energetic kid who loves to interact. The girl across the street has a 9 yo brother, hasn’t been exposed to much and is being homeschooled(TK). She is very moody, does not respond to me when asked to clean up, snaps and often says rude things to my daughter, such as I don’t want to be your friend, or I don’t like you. She continues to come to our house, she begs her mom to come play with my daughter all the time, but when she actually gets here, it turns into an emotional roller coaster. If I observed an adult act this way, I would say bipolar. She made my daughter cry several times. My daughter being the only child, continues to want to play with her. Her mom addressed this with us and said they have been working at home at proper behavior etiquette and continues to reassure me that it’s normal growing up behavior. Last time the little girl was here she was telling me a story how they were dog watching for someone else and that the dog was licking her privates. It sounded really inappropriate, although I had a hunch that it really sounded way worst than what it was. I do trust that family that nothing really bad is happening there but just am not sure why this little girl is acting and talking so nasty. I called her mom to tell her that she said that, because I don’t want my 5 yo to start picking up this behavior. Her response was almost annoyance with me, despite that most of the time she is such a nice woman. I am mostly an introverted person, and my daughter seems to be a little extrovert striving for friendships and interaction. My gut feeling is to limit her interaction with the neighbor until she either outgrows this stage or starts behaving more appropriately. I’m just worried that this will all rub off on my daughter and that she will start behaving this way. It will not be easy to limit their friendship as we both live on a court and all of our kids come out and play in the afternoons, and I would have to prohibit my daughter from playing there. Also, she asks me almost every day if they can play. Not sure what to do 😩 via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2sle8s3

No comments:

Post a Comment