Wednesday 30 May 2018

Advice needed: toddler bed dilemma. Is 4 too young for a top bunk?


Hello!I have 2 boys, one is 2 yrs 4 months and one is 4 years 9 months. They currently share a room with the younger one in a crib and the older one in a twin bed.I noticed yesterday that the younger one sleeps stretched fully out.... and it means putting his feet through the slats at the ankles because he's too tall for the crib. Surely this can't be safe, comfortable, or good for his circulation. Aside from his dangling feet though he sleeps GREAT in his crib.. it keeps him contained and safe in the night and he doesn't complain about going in it, nor has he ever tried to get out of it.Eventually I had planned to get them in bunk beds but I am hesitant to put my almost-5 year old being on a top bunk. He often gets up in the night to pee and I'm afraid of his ability to use a ladder while half asleep.So I guess my options are....1) Leave it. Is the kid fine with dangling feet?2) Get a bunk bed. Will the 4 year old be fine?3) Get a low bunk bed or daybed with a trundle. This might be out of our budget.4) Get a second twin bed. This will require finagling the room around quite a bit.5) Separate them. We have a guest room with a full bed that my 5 year old loves sleeping on. It's painted a neutral color, and fully furnished. With a new comforter this would be easy to transition to a little boys room.Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2kC0NrK

No comments:

Post a Comment