Wednesday 23 May 2018

How to not be immediately irritated?


I’ll start with this mornings scenario. Getting the kids ready for school. My wife notices that my 12 year old son’s belt is twisted. She mentions it to him to which his response is “how do I untwist it?” He’s sitting at the kitchen table staring at his Nintendo Switch. My knee jerk reaction “what do you mean how do untwist it?” I raised my voice a bit but the bigger issue is my immediate annoyance and frustration at my sons response. My son gets mad and says “can’t you just tell me?” But I couldn’t believe it. My wife gets mad at me for escalating so quickly and so on and so on. Get the picture?This is typical for me especially with him. I have 3 kids - 15, 12 and 9. I can make many excuses about how their behavior, attitude etc. is the cause but I’m the adult. I need to set the example which so far is not great. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2s2Oqcf

No comments:

Post a Comment