Friday 25 May 2018

When Did You Enjoy Being A Family of Four?


My husband and I are currently in survival mode with a toddler and 4 week old baby. Sometimes I wonder if we made a mistake by adding baby #2. As a family of 3, things started to finally feel fun and easy. Husband and I started going on dates again. Bonding with our only child had been great, and even on her worst days, well, we only had to deal with one child.New baby is here, and while she's relatively easy compared to her sister when her sister was a baby, I find new baby so irritating a lot of the times. She grunts nonstop when sleeping, and it keeps me from sleeping. Once she appears to be sleeping, I put her down so I can rest. More often than not, she's wide awake and crying within a minute of being put down. I baby wear her a lot of the time, but can't when I'm trying to lay down to sleep. Last night into this morning, she only slept one 3-hour stretch, then subsequently woke every hour to nurse. The nursing isn't as annoying as the grunting. I'm so tired of it! I give her probiotics, burp her, and sit her up against me before I lay her down on an incline mattress.I know it's still early, but I can't help but think we should have been "one and done." My baby is a beautiful child, and I do feel love for her -- but that doesn't mean I don't question our decision (I know...she's already here. What can we do, right?)! For the last 48 hours, I've been so exhausted that I'm actually nauseous and light headed.Please tell me about how long it took for you to realize adding a new baby was one of the best decisions ever for you and your family! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2xcFLct

No comments:

Post a Comment