Saturday 26 May 2018

Mother in law served 1½ year old beer and verbally abused me when confronted, what to do?


Hi All,I have been a long time reader and lurker, but this is the first time i post. I am in a very unstable situation and could really use some advice. Sorry in advance for the wall of text, but i just need to get this off my chest and some advice. I am so sad about all of this.First a little backstory about me (M34) as i feel it plays into the story later. I used to have a serious drinking problem 4½ year ago i kicked the bottle, got sober and never ever touched alcohol again. After i got sober i met my girlfriend, now wife, and we have since moved in together and have a wonderful son and a great life together.14 days ago we where visiting my mother in law with our 1½ year old son, it was the middle of the day and they had friends over. They have gotten a few beers with their friends and thought it was funny to offer our son some beer. I told them no, as they where giving him a glass of beer without asking if it was okay. They the proceeded to make fun of me for being to uptight and and jerk. They thought it would be fun if our little boy got tipsy, and that is by no means okay with me. It ended with them not giving him anything, but being half angry at me because i "ruined" their fun.1 week later we where at a family gathering and my wife's father was taking care of our son. I came back to the table to see him giving our son a pint with a straw in it. I took our son from him and told him he could not do that and we already had told him before. He was not pleased with me, but i decided not to do anymore and talk to him the next day so the gathering would not be ruined.My wife and I visited them the next day, and i told them ind a direct way that it was not okay, and that i thought i was disrespectful of them to not listen to the rules we made about our little boy. They then started yelling at me and getting all up in my face and saying things like "Do you thing we are stupid", "You give him soda, that is the same as beer" and "Why do you have to be such a jerk". My wife told her mother that this was not okay and that we where leaving and we left. I did never raise my voice, say bad words at them or anything, i just told them that they needed to respect the rules we make for our son.Before telling the next part i need to say, my wife is pregnant with a beautiful little baby girl, and we are so happy because we had a miscarriage earlier.The next day we wake up at 5 am because my wife i bleeding a lot from between the legs. I call my parents and have them come as fast as they can, while also calling the doctor. My wife is crying and thinks we have lost our baby girl. The doctor says there are not much they can do, but that we should call later if the bleeding does not stop. Here we figure we need my wife's social security card, but she forgot her wallet at her moms house. I call her mom and tell her i need the wallet, because we need to see a doctor as we think her daughter is having an abort. Her mother then starts yelling at me in the phone "I will not give the wallet to you, and good day" she then hangs up. My wife, crying and not knowing what to do calls her mom, which then proceeds to yell at her so now she i crying even more.I am angry at this point and take our son (wife couldn't even get out of bed) and drive to her mother to get the wallet. I find her mother and says "I need the wallet now! your daughter needs to go to the hospital" she then tells me "You can have it when you stop being a jerk" and i insist i get it. Her father comes out of the house and throws the wallet at me and yells "Here you have it, now fuck off". They then started yelling at me and asked what the hell they ever did to me, i told them they disrespected out rules about our son and that was not okay. I need to say i have always had a good relationship with her parents up until this.This is where the shit show started. her father waved a fist at me and yelled "Get the fuck of my property" while her mother tried to take my son out of my arms saying he should not be with me. I calmly told them "This conversation is over!" and started walking away. They then began yelling at me, things like "You have always wanted to destroy our little family", "You are the worst person in history", "We have never liked you", "Get the fuck away from here", "find another family to destroy asshole" all while following me all the way to the car and the father shaking his fist at me. The only reply they kept getting from me was a calm "This conversation is over!".I then come home and call the doctor again, and he says there is nothing he can do because its a holiday. I then tell my wife, that no matter what i will get us a ultrasound to see if the baby is okay. I end up getting a ultrasound at a private clinic 150 km away and THANK GOD our little baby girl is okay.My wife is 100% with me against her parents, and think this is out of this world crazy. That evening she calls them and tells them to stay away from our little family and that if we ever want to see them again they will hear from us. She has always put our home and little family first and she is so great for doing this. She is the love of my life and everything good in my life is in some way because of her.Her parents then decide to text her all kind of bad things about me, trying to split us up but she call their bullshit and there is no drama between me and her. They then tell her that they are sorry and ask what they can do to make it up to us. We have not talked to them in anyway since then.I have told my wife, that there is not coming back from what they have done and have they have acted and she agrees. This whole situation is so unstable and crazy i just don't know that to do. They have said and done things i can never forgive or forget.What would you all do in such a situation?I would like all of our family, on both sides, to be one large happy family but i do not see that happening ever after this and it makes me so sad. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2xeTnUf

No comments:

Post a Comment