Thursday 31 May 2018

5 year old going through a phase where he's lying, stole from a gas station and now peeing on his bedroom floor.


My five year old son has been going through a phase (hopefully) where he's lying regularly. About even inconsequential things. The other day he walked to a gas station with me and was looking at some stone carved animals. I came home the next day, found it and confronted him about it. After he admitted it, we walked back to the gas station and I had him hand back to the cashier, tell her what he did and apologize. When we got home I grounded him. Took all of his toys out of his room, left him with one pillow and one blanket and some books. He's been doing an excess of chores while grounded.Yesterday, I come home and the wife tells me he peed on the floor in his bedroom. So we made him clean it up. This morning my wife found another wet spot in his room. He lied repeatedly about it being pee before fessing up to what he did.I don't understand, this isn't like him at all. He never has accidents, save maybe a dribble or something when he waits too long. I guess I'm not sure on how to discipline this and address.Any advice would be much appreciated. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2IZ8GpD

No comments:

Post a Comment