Thursday 31 May 2018

Not prepared for savage mothers


So, I came into motherhood late - one and only child at 40 (she is 14 now). Something that caught me completely off guard: how vicious other moms can be. Over the years, we have had so many experiences that left me wanting to keep my distance from my daughter's friend's mothers. What is worse, is that they are friendly to my face. Later, I learn of some malicious words or actions on their part. I just don't get it. I really like kids, and I try to be warm, compassionate, and understanding with my daughter's friends. If one of them does something not-so-cool, I chalk it up to kids-will-be-kids, and they are still learning. Very seldom have I seen the same offered to my daughter. Further, I like to have a friendly relationship with the girl's mom. I extend invitations for get togethers, I try to develop a supportive friendship. I am careful not to monopolize conversation or over share (introvert, who is a listener over a talker). So many times, I think we have made a connection at some level, only to find out the other person had some kind of petty complaint against me - voiced to a third party - and I always seem to be told about it, despite not seeking it. Where are all the hippie moms willing to give another person a reasonable amount of slack? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Jki32B

No comments:

Post a Comment