Thursday 31 May 2018

Does anyone feel like their child would be happier as an only child?


We are thinking about baby number 2. My oldest just turned 1 and we would love to have them pretty close in age. We know that doesn't guarantee closeness. I have the best relationship with my brother who is 6.5 years older than me. We want them close in age just out of preference.My husband and I are both close to our siblings. He's one of 3 and I am one of 4. We all argued a lot as kids but I know I was always glad to have my brothers and sister in my life.I was talking to a friend recently who said she is happy with having two but also mentioned that she thinks her oldest was happier as an only child and probably still would be happier as an only child. Her kids are farther apart in age.Is this common? I could never imagine wishing to be an only child. Is there anything parents can do to prevent their child from feeling this way? My siblings and I all have a great bond but I don't think my parents did anything to encourage that. It just happened. Is it just up to chance? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2ssa4WM

No comments:

Post a Comment