Wednesday 29 January 2020

Work Travel + 2 Kids


So we have a 2 week old and an almost 3 year old. My job requires that I travel some. Not every week, but sometimes when we're busy it can be every other week. Generally it shakes down to about 1-2 trips per month and those can be anywhere from 2 days to 5 days long.What i'm trying to figure out is how this is possible now that i'm back from parental leave (yea, we don't get any leave just PTO) and my wife would be flying solo with the kids. Our oldest is in daycare so that's nice. But the youngest won't be in daycare until probably April or so. Before she goes to daycare, is it actually realistic to expect my wife to have to do EVERYTHING for both kids all day and night on basically zero sleep or do people generally hire a nanny to be here with the wife and kids at night to help with cleaning, cooking, getting the older kid to bed etc? I just keep looking at my upcoming schedule and feeling honestly horrible knowing what my wife is going to have to endure. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/3aVHh28

No comments:

Post a Comment