Tuesday 28 January 2020

None of my side of the family showed up for our son and daughters first birthday party


My son is 3 and my daughter is 1. They have back to back birthdays but this was their first birthday party. It was a huge deal because my son got the short end of the stick two years in a row (family member dying, my daughter being born).My family all confirmed aside from a few assholes that didn’t bother reading the evite even after I had texted them.....And then, they all cancelled. My godmother, my sons godmother, my own brothers all cancelled. The thing that angered me the most was that my brother didn’t even bother letting me know that he wasn’t coming. He just didn’t show up. Mind you, we always have to attend his parties and get his kids gifts, but yet it’s a rarity that he’ll do the same for others.Anyway. I’m getting off topic. I’m not the most likable person out of my family, (I’m kind of the black sheep) but it crushed me to see that my little guy was out there asking for his cousins on our side of the family, and no one showed. It bugs me that this kind of behavior is dipping into the next generation. I don’t know if they didn’t like me and they decided to take it out on my kids, or if they actually had valid excuses. We always try to make it to their events. We struggle with money, but we make it a point. This meant so much to me. We have a nice house and I had tore up the driveway to add mulch and spent hours turning the dirt in our backyard to plant grass for the occasion.The odd part is, I don’t even like parties. But I owed it to my kids to do something special. I don’t know, am I making a big deal out of nothing? I just feel like I worked so hard. I really wanted my kids to hangout with their cousins. I even got 4 piñatas and fancy gift bags.....it may be silly but I just wanted my kids to have a great time. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2vt3rbT

No comments:

Post a Comment