Wednesday 29 January 2020

Nerves are shot. Toddler naps for everyone but me. How you g is too young to just sedate her? Asking for myself.


My kid will nap for my mom and my SO. 100% of the time will nap for them. SO gets two-2.5 hour naps out of her AND is able to transfer her to the crib successfully.I’m a SAHM due to lay-off while pregnant, and a long list of other life events that have just made this where we are for the foreseeable future. Why won’t she nap for me? We use the same routine as bedtime, white noise, sleep sack, milk (yeah, I already know about that, but one shitshow at a time, please).I commit to an hour in her room no matter what. Sometimes it’s been hit or miss. Sometimes she sleeps and I can’t transfer her to the crib. There’s a 100% chance if I can get her to sleep that I’m then nap trapped. Transfer to crib has a 0% success rate for me and only me. I’m drowning in other household responsibilities and I think it’s shit that she later gets stuck in her PNP (she’s 14 mo and into everything) while I catch up on chores, or I’m stuck making phone calls etc while she’s in her high chair.At best, I could work PT from home if I had a kid that napped for me. At mediocre, u could get chores etc done and not cry literally every day from sheer fucking overwhelm.**no I’m not depressed/PPD/PPA. Literally just feeling feelings about why tf my kid naps for other people and not me.TL;DR my kid refuses naps for me and only me. I hat gives? Pls halp.Ideas I have so far: MDO and pray they get her to sleep. Or part time nanny/sitter. Pls, someone give some things I can try that are free.On mobile, quick post. My mom came for reinforcements. Cause my nerves are shot. Again. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2RG0ZaV

No comments:

Post a Comment