Wednesday 29 January 2020

My 7 year old has looping tantrums every day and I can't take it anymore


I need help,My daughter is 7 years old and extremely defiant. She yells at everyone and if one of her siblings even plays with her toy (She doesn't mind taking other people's toys without asking what-so-ever) without asking she screams at them at the top of her lungs.If we tell her to stop, she wont. If we then warn she will go to a time out, she won't stop. Then, if we tell her to go to a time out, a switch goes off in her head and she completely flips out. She screams, begging us to not put her in a time out and scream repeats, "I will stop" upwards of 200+ times or 2-3 hours if we let it. There is no talking her out of it, diverting her attention nor ignoring it because she will follow us while screaming at deafening tones far beyond what our nose canceling bose headphones can protect us against. Not to mention it riles up the other kids who can't stand to hear that for hours. She gets so intense and worked up that she sometimes even wets herself.The things that set them off can be just us asking her to keep her voice down or be quiet. I cannot tell you how stressful it is to hear a kid scream at the top of her lungs that she, "will be quiet" for hours on end.She has done what we've dubbed "loops" for years now and lately it's morning and night, sometimes even 3 times a day. What makes it worse and a bit more dramatic, is that I grew up with a mother who ONLY yelled at the top of her lung over ANYTHING. It was so bad, that I actually have PTSD and get extremely stressed out when I hear that kind of yelling. My daughter does that kind of yelling and when I try to distance myself she follows me.I don't think I can take this anymore and I am pleading for any advice.​Edit#1: I should also note that after she calms down she seems to not even remember what has just transpired. She is also a complete sweetheart afterwards which makes me hesitant to punish her because it feels like two completely different people. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/36CgkNP

No comments:

Post a Comment