Monday 27 January 2020

7 y/o back to school and is upset because she doesn't have friends


This will be 2nd year at this school she is currently at. This morning she broke down and said last year she didn't have any friends and she kept faking to be sick and crying to stay home.She also keeps asking me to home school her (not happening)She has friends with her extra curricular activities but at school it has been harder for her. We spoke about ways she can make friends - like take a basketball to school and shoot at lunchtime perhaps?I also spoke to her teacher and told her she was upset. She moved her desk right away to some very "nice girls" She is in the class as this little girl who is just a little prat and she excludes her, they were in same class last year.I'm really not trying to be "that parent" but how do I help my child? I, along with other friends I have now also had this issue in waves where you just don't have anyone to play with at lunchtime and I think this is a normal thing and kids can be kinda shit sometimes.How can I help her feel better about going to school? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/37yJleA

No comments:

Post a Comment