Friday 31 January 2020

Every time I use my gym childcare my toddler gets sick


One of the reasons why I work from home is to keep my babies (1 and 2) well. My husband has a weakened immune system so we are both extremely cautious about illness.Literally every time I attempt to use the child care at my gym, one or both babies get sick (colds, stomach bugs). The facility is clean, I’ve spent a fair amount of time in there observing and nothing gross is happening- except that there’s always at least one kid with a cough or runny nose. The rules state you can’t bring kids who “show visible signs of illness” which is clearly pretty vague and doesn’t seem to be enforced at all.I casually brought the issue up (with the front desk attendant when she said she hadn’t seen me in awhile) and she just reiterated that they clean the nursery multiple times throughout the day.Complicating matters further, my 2 year old LOVES going to the child watch and asks about it daily. I hate telling her no and I would love to workout during the day but I’m so tired of the illness and then having to limit her interactions with dad.Does anyone have any advice? I’m really at a loss trying to navigate this and would appreciate suggestions! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2RJ37yy

No comments:

Post a Comment