Monday 27 January 2020

Toilet turkey


I am just beside myself right now. I have two daughters, one is 12, the other is a toddler. My 12 year old is stubborn and in the past has nearly developed an eating disorder, but we were able to nip that in the bud. But she's stubborn and fights us about food still sometimes and hates that we still enforce minimums she has to eat each meal because of our history with her trying not to eat.Older daughter has a few special needs, most aren't intelligence based, but her executive functions were delayed. But she's a smart girl. Does great in school, just bad at planning.So tonight during dinner I had to step away to take an important phone call. I come back and my daughters and husband have all finished eating. Great.Older daughter takes a bath, part of her bedtime routine, and after I bring the toddler in to take hers. Take her to do potty and what do I see? An entire three inch slab of turkey breast.In the toilet.Just wedged in the drain.And I lost my mind. Just, how this? Why this? WHEN THIS?!I called my daughter in and gestures wildly at the toilet, begging for answers. My daughter started laughing at my broken mind. She started falling to the ground, grabbing her hanging towel for support, it fell with her. She literally rolled on the floor while I shouted 'what the actual f*ck?!' Over and over.She started crying in delight, trying to muffle her laughter in her towel. My husband, hearing the shouting, poked in and then just kept walking. My daughter's towel got stuck in her braces, she laughed harder.The world was chaos. I told her I have no idea how to even punish this. She told me I could force her to eat it now.Oh? You'd eat it now but not before it was in the toilet? What are you trying to say about my cooking?!My husband returned as my daughter died of laughter at the tender age of twelve. A true tragedy. All because of the toilet turkey.She's been revived and sent to her room, grounded for the rest of the night. She seemed confused.But, it's bedtime. That makes no sense, I'm already going to my room.Makes as much sense as anything else that just happened, just go!And that was my night. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/311NN2N

No comments:

Post a Comment