Tuesday 28 January 2020

Trying to not be mad, but you can't forget to pick up your kid!


I have 50/50 custody, so there are 'every other' days of the week. I got a call from the school the other day, that nobody had picked up my kid! There were calls made, messages left, alternate number called (the alternate has no responsibilty, it was a grandparent they had a # for). Then they called me. I live further away than my mother, so she went and picked her up. Ended up being 30 mins later than last pick up time by the time she got there. So, a $30 bill was handed out. With the alternating days, one of us will typically send a text...is this your day, or mine? Thing is, I had texted my "co-parent" the night before, and said "Tomorrow is your day". It was the first line of a longish text about that and some other stuff. (It was not a load of shit talk) So, apparently, it just got skimmed, cause who wants to deal with all that! Co-parent is saying, yeah I screwed up, nobodys perfect! I can relate with that for sure, but the notice, and not answering the phone? Am I out of line being furious, or is this just a "shit happens, nobody got hurt" type thing? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2RR0xoY

No comments:

Post a Comment