Wednesday 29 January 2020

My kids were unknowingly exposed to TB at their pediatric office.


Hi friends,So I’m writing this as a nervous wreck. If you live in SE Michigan, you’ve most likely seen on the locals news stations about the pediatric medicine group that had an employee working for them with TB.All patients that were exposed, either directly or indirectly are going to be given a free screening. Today we received a call that both my daughters needed extra testing because they were both directly exposed.I am freaking out at the thought of them having TB. I understand the chances are low but the thought that we unknowingly exposed them, at the place where they’re supposed to be safe, makes me sick.My youngest daughter is under 2 months old. She was exposed at 4 days old. She has to have an X-ray and skin test, my older daughter is a few months over 2 and has to have a blood test. She is going to be traumatized by this blood test. They’re going to have to hold her down and make her hurt and I can’t do anything to help her. I feel so helpless about this.What if they test positive? Having a newborn during cold and flu season has meant that we pass on doing things we would normally do, or at least pass as a family. We will want to give our toddler experiences she will remember, yet our both kids were exposed to an infectious disease.I feel like I have to be the tough one with my wife. She notices I’m acting off and asks me why. She knows it’s the TB but she doesn’t know the extent to which I’m bothered.I’m so angry and nervous.Thank you for reading. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2OaXJSr

No comments:

Post a Comment