Wednesday 29 January 2020

It’s Bell Let’s Talk day in Canada. Let’s remember that it’s never too soon to talk to your children about Mental Health.


Today I am reminded that at Six years old I began struggling with Anxiety, Depression, and Suicidal thoughts. I was told by my mother that I would grow out of it. That those thoughts and feelings weren’t real because I was too young.Today I am reminded that I was Nine years old the first time I attempted Suicide. My mother still denied that there was anything wrong.Today I am reminded that at Twenty-Six years old I am still battling with Anxiety, Depression, and Suicidal thoughts.Today I wonder how different my life could’ve been had my mother believed me.Today is a reminder that Mental Illness doesn’t discriminate. Age, Gender, Ethnicity, and Income don’t make a difference. When it happens, it is real.It is NEVER too early to talk to your children. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/38T4gJD

No comments:

Post a Comment