Thursday 30 January 2020

My 6 year old tried to give us money.


I had a bit of a breakdown talking with my partner about our finances and how stressed we are with the lack of work my field has after the holidays, completely unaware that our son was sitting at the dining table doing school work. He asked if I was okay, then about 10 minutes later came with two handfuls of change from his piggy bank. It was so sweet how he wanted to help.He always offers his money, offers to buy things when we need it, and we keep telling him to keep it and save it for himself. He can spend it on his own things like toys, books, field trips if he chooses, but no way is he responsible for the household. Sometimes I fear that we may fail him as parents from time to time, but these little things is what reminds me that we are doing okay, and that he's such a good, kind-hearted little boy. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/36HGbEb

No comments:

Post a Comment