Wednesday 29 January 2020

I'm always the one organising play dates


I hardly gotten any offers or invite to take my daughter for a playdate. I'd organise it whether it's to our house or to their houses (mostly to our house where they drop their kids off) but I'm always the one to initiate.My 4yo is polite well mannered and just a typical girl. She misses her preschool friends and always ask why we're not spending more time together. I don't know what to say. I can't keep initiating playdates otherwise I might suffocate the other parents. We also only live a street or two away. Most of them are within walking distance.I immigrated to the UK and hardly any friends who lived close by. I'm often worried about misreading social cues or not understanding the nuances of the local unspoken rules of social interaction. It's especially tough when the Brits are polite and never voice their displeasure to your face. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I do offer snacks and brought sweets and home baked goods etc when a playdate is on.I've since learnt that the saying "oh we'll have to do this again soon!" Means nothing until months later I text them and then something will be done about it. Sigh. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/38P8SQR

No comments:

Post a Comment