Tuesday 28 January 2020

Proud day!!


My daughter really struggles with separation anxiety. She has been in the same day care since she was a year old (now 4.5) and still cries or is at least whiny basically every day. I let her pick her outfit and pick something to bring for breakfast (fruit, pop tart , etc) even though her school does provide stuff too but she would still be upset. Today we got to her school and she hung up her bookbag and coat, she gave me a hug & kiss, then just walked over to the breakfast area and sat down NO TEARS AT ALL!!! I am so very proud of her!!She also did this on Sunday at our church when she went down to the kids program. That one took a few walks down to look around at her friends (and a noisy service due to baptism Sunday) BUT she still went down to the kids program with no tears either, something she NEVER does unless I am working in the room that day. She took some big steps this week and I am beaming with pride.​​Edit: word correction via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2RUR681

No comments:

Post a Comment