Wednesday 29 January 2020

My mother and I disagree about what my daughter should be playing with.


My mother keeps undermining my decisions when it comes to my daughter. Lately, the argument has been on whether or not my (almost) 3 year old should have her own tablet or not. This argument has happened repeatedly and every time I think it’s over she brings it up again.I refuse to let my daughter have a tablet yet, I don’t think it’s necessary for her development right now compared to everything else we do.I feel like I’m beating my head against a wall when I try to reason with her. We keep fighting and I wish my mother would realize she is continually hurting our relationship.I love my mom endlessly but I am so tired of hurting over this and also, I’m so drained from this argument. She tells me, “you’ll understand when you’re a grandma” except the only thing I’m taking from this is that I will give my own daughter the room to raise her children instead of steamrolling her into my own ideations of motherhood.I don’t know what else to say to my mother... so much already has been said. I don’t know how to come back from this one. It sucks the worst because I have a building list of all the things I wish I could tell her as my best friend and the woman who knew me best. I’m just so hurt and upset I don’t know.I want to specify that I’m not trying to degrade any parents who do let their children have tablets at young ages or anything like that. It’s just not what I want for my family. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Rz3ETB

No comments:

Post a Comment