Friday 31 January 2020

My Favorite Part of the Day, According to My 4 y/o


After my second was born and I insisted on taking my FMLA leave at my school (I was a music teacher), my boss (who everyone hated) refused to renew my teaching contract for the following year. I wasn’t entirely surprised; he had refused to talk with me for months about taking the leave. So I became a de-facto stay at home dad of two (a now almost 2 y/o and just turned 4 y/o) and have been ever since. The days are long. The messes that need cleaning up are near constant. I also run the household, do all errands, shopping, cleaning, etc. I try my best to come up with fun/educational activities for my kids, especially my 4 y/o who requires more, so today we worked on handwriting letters and went to the park and blew bubbles and played soccer and then we baked snickerdoodle brownies. I am always pretty much exhausted. I always hope I am doing a good enough job. My wife has a very stressful job with a ton of responsibilities and is always exhausted too.Each night before my 4 y/o goes to sleep, I ask her about her day, we recap the day, and I ask what her favorite part of the day was. Today she said; “My favorite part of the day was spending time with you.” I pretty much cried, it was so beautiful. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2UeEj31

No comments:

Post a Comment