Tuesday 28 January 2020

My wife and I send the poop emoji to each other every time our son (5mo) poops


My wife (27f) and I (28m) recently had our first child, a boy, 5 months ago. He doesn't really poop. He pooped twice the entire time we were in the hospital (3 days) after he was born, the last BM happened on the day we were set to leave (they were actually not gonna let us leave until he pooped).This continue when we brought him home. He would poop once ever 2-3 days. You would think it's a dream come true, no poopy diapers, but it was very worrisome because I thought babies pooped all of the time. At first we thought maybe it was his body getting used to the formula (we switched to formula because my wife couldn't produce breast milk). However, he never seemed uncomfortable about it. Never would cry other than when he was hungry or wet, and when we brought it up to our doctor, she said it wasn't an issue since he was showing no signs of discomfort.So as you can imagine, poops are a big deal. Every time he poops, it's like breaking news level of importance, so we always tell each other when it happened. One day instead of calling her about it, or waiting till she got home from work, I just sent a poop emoji, and it became our thing. So now every time he poops, whoever is home to witness it sends the other the poop emoji via text. He's starting to poop daily now, so the poop emoji texts are happening much more frequently. Every time I get one I still get really happy. I never thought I would be excited about my son pooping, but here I am lol. I've told a friend about this and she thinks we're weird lol (she's childless, so I don't blame her for thinking that, I would've reacted similarly back when I didn't have a kid). via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2U5tKz8

No comments:

Post a Comment