Friday 31 January 2020

Daughter doesn’t think she’s going to make it in life


HS senior doesn’t think she’ll make it in life, it breaks my heart to see her this sad. She has a hard time learning concepts and comprehending, instead she will just remember certain words or phrases to a question. She’s a straight A student, but by only remembering answers or objective test/quizzes. If you handed her a piece paper with instructions about a topic she wouldn’t be able to know how to do it without somebody actually going over it step by step. She didn’t make it very far on her SAT and ACT and scored lower than a 50%. She came to terms about her future, and was really upset and told me she was never going to be successful and would probably just be working a crappy retail job. Of course I don’t want that for her, she used to have very big dreams of going to a university and a have degree in the medical field, but she does not see that anymore. I don’t know if it just her being dramatic, I don’t want to sugar coat thing, but I also don’t want her dreams to be crushed. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Sb3cd4

No comments:

Post a Comment