Thursday 30 January 2020

My 8 YO daughter is being referred to Special Education and I find it very distressing


My daughter was born two months premature and has started to have some struggles the past couple of school years. She seems happy but I feel like she is becoming more isolated. She has issues with her fine motor skills for which has been going to OT and PT both in and out of school. She has withdrawn interest in sports because she struggles more than the other kids to perform. She is now starting to have academic and social issues and is being referred for more evaluation. She has become very aware that things don’t come as easily to her as the other kids. I was socially awkward growing up and I remember how depressing it was. My wife had academic issues of her own in school and is very worried that her difficult experiences growing up are going to be revisited on our daughter. What’s people’s experience with this? What can I expect? What should I be doing? I just feel really lost right now because I just don’t want my kid to be unhappy. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/3aYUNSI

No comments:

Post a Comment