Friday 31 January 2020

I need help with a newborn and being a new single Dad under high stress


I'm going to rant a bit because I don't have anyone to really talk to at this point.I recently flew out to Hawaii to be with my partner I love for the birth of our son. She's in the military and it's both our first child. I live in Colorado and our plans were for her and our son to move to Colorado once she gets out of the military later this year.My son is 11 days old now. Three days ago my partner was hospitalized for postpartum psychosis. I visited her tonight and she is worse. All of this was a complete shock as she used to be just as calm and collected as I am. The reality of her condition hit me tonight after I visited her and it's probably 1 of 6 times I've cried as an adult. She is no longer 'behind the wheel'. I have a lot to figure out legally in order to get him back home to Colorado with me but the doctors and hospital staff are helping me out with it. I am on the birth certificate.Back in Colorado I typically work away from home but my mother will be moving in to assist. My request from this group is that I need quick pointers to get through these four weeks until I'm able to fly back with him. He was born premature but he is a good (too good) eater and feisty. Born 6.5 lbs.I need to canvass the collective intelligence of this group to solicit advice that I may not know I need. I'm good with feeding him, changing diapers, and the basics. I know I'll have to give him a bath soon and I've not done that before. We have a baby bath thing in the closet, I just have to get it out and set it up. Also I'm staying in her house with her roommate she rents from. Thankfully her roommate is cool and is rather sympathetic to my suddenly awful situation. Thanks for reading. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/37KWy44

No comments:

Post a Comment