Thursday 30 January 2020

How do you feel about your children’s photos being taken and being posted online publicly by your schools and daycare?


I’m a new father and I work in AI. I have a bad feeling that the mass public is not aware that this is even happening, and not sure if I’m being paranoid. I actually found a boat load of pictures on Facebook today of my kid. But I realized that a lot of daycares and schools out there take photos of your child (with or without) your consent and post them publicly on Facebook (permissions set to public). I would imagine that they should at least have it so that you would have to go to the school to see those images but it looks like this is not the case. What do people do with potential kidnapping or restraining orders, etc? I imagine this puts kids at risk? The other aspect is that your child never consented to this and doesn’t even have the option to privacy... facial recognition is already here.. imagine your child going to a job interview and employers able to match their pictures of them from birth... let alone very disturbed or creepy people out there.. or your child getting bombarded with ads because of a picture from their teens that may influence them a certain way... it’s really creepy via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Ogf9ND

No comments:

Post a Comment