Monday 27 March 2017

When/how to tell child (8f) about a missing relative?


I'm freaking out. I received a text from my mother in law this morning saying that her son (my husbands little brother, 25) has been missing for a week. He's gone off the radar a few times, but didn't show up for his sisters wedding on Saturday. He lives with my inlaws. Phone has been shut off for non payment. Quit his job, but said he got a new one. Family showed up at the office he claimed to be working at - they said they've never heard of him. He's been severely depressed the last year or so. Not at any hospitals in the area, not in jail, none of his friends have seen him.We have an eight year old. Though they see each other rarely (3-4 times a year), he's her favorite uncle. When do I tell her? What do I tell her? I'm so lost. Any advice is welcome. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2nb29cq

No comments:

Post a Comment