Sunday 26 March 2017

Raising Grateful Children in a Fortunate Family?


Hello all,To begin, I don't have any children right now. However, this is something that has been in the back of my head for about a year now. I just got accepted into my choice law school. As I was working up to this point, I always thought that if I become a lawyer, raising children to be grateful and understanding that they are more fortunate than a lot of other children would be difficult. I am a first generation college graduate and was raised in a household that wasn't poor, but there was pretty much very little or no disposable income. Growing up like that has given me a lot of perspective and has made me incredibly grateful and humbled with the opportunity to go to law school. I realize that even with growing up in a less-fortunate household, I am very fortunate to be able to attend law school. I think that perspective is important!My question is, what are some ways you all have taught your children the value of money? I am so scared of raising the snobby, ungrateful "typical lawyer's child." I may not even have children within the next three years, but I often find myself thinking about this at great length. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2nBQGG3

No comments:

Post a Comment